March 03, 2020 2 min read
Time really flies when you're in a global pandemic. We scanned a TON of resources and really this one to be super helpful.
First and foremost, if there's anything you need to know and absolutely do:
Many people are a bit worried about the Coronavirus, as they rightfully should be, but to what level of concern should we all be at? We have put together the best resources and dependable sources for news and explanation for you here.
First, if you haven't been keeping track and want to understand more about how it developed and how we got to where we are now, I strongly recommend this excellent video from Last Week Tonight on YouTube. It masterfully covers EVERYTHING.
* Practice safe hygiene by washing your hands with soap for more than 20 seconds. Sing Happy Birthday if you have to.
* Avoid crowded areas if you can
* Don't hoard masks. Professionals need them and if you're not trained, the masks won't help you anyway.
* Do not be racist. You cannot get the Coronavirus from Chinese food or Chinese people or visiting Chinatown. Stop. STOP.
* Only go to emergency rooms if it is an emergency with severe symptoms. Talk to your primary regular doctor first for guidance.
* Get a flu shot.
* Cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze, wash your hands regularly, and if your hands are not clean - do not touch your face or eyes!
Now, if you've seen the video or are generally up to date, what else is there? You can check in on global news concerning the Coronavirus from Reddit. This will be curated with the relevant articles and news as they are released around the world.
We also recommend the memes page. Cuz I mean...
For official announcements from the CDC, keep tabs on their updates by routinely checking in at the CDC Website.
With these resources, you should understand what's happening, be able to keep up with developing news, and get official statements from the CDC for American news.
We'll say it again for clarity:
Be careful out there.
Want Gemmed Firefly updates?